Thursday, October 23, 2008

Skillet Breakfast Burritos

Sunday, I was going to make the English Muffin Bread I saw over at Amber's Delectable Delights and then make breakfast sandwiches with it. But ultimately decided I was way too lazy on Sunday to do it! (I will do that another time)
I LOVE McDonald's McSkillet Burritos. So I decided to make them at home.

You'll Need:
2 or 3 smallish boiled potatoes
2 or 3 slices of red onion
1/3 of bell pepper
6 eggs
a little milk
taco seasoning
a bit of oil or broth
1 lb breakfast sausage or chorizo
shredded cheese, I like colbyjack
4 large flour tortillas
your favorite taco sauce

Cut your cooked potatoes into cubes
Photobucket

Dice your onions & pepper
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now if I didn't have a picky family... all of this would be cooked in one skillet... however... everyone likes their burritos different and I usually play short order cook in the kitchen.

But since I do have a picky family....

Put your potatoes in a skillet with a bit of oil or broth and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
Photobucket

Cook until heated through.
Photobucket

In another pan... add your onions & peppers and a bit of oil or broth.
Photobucket

Cook until well caramelized.
Photobucket

While you're cooking the potatoes & onions & peppers... cook your sausage until no longer pink.
Photobucket

What's that? Your family eats whatever you put in front of them??
Put sausage, onions & peppers in a skillet and cook until sausage is no longer pink. Add potatoes & taco seasoning and cook until potatoes are heated through.

Ok... Meaty/Veggy part is ready... you need to scramble your eggs.
Photobucket

Add some milk
Photobucket

Whip 'em up.
Photobucket

Spray yet another skillet with cooking spray
Photobucket

Add your eggs
Photobucket

Cook on medium low... add some taco seasoning or taco sauce.
Photobucket

Mmmmm... taco seasoned eggs, ready to be rolled into burritos.
Photobucket

Assemble your Skillet Burritos.
Start with a flour tortilla
Photobucket

Lay down some cheese (I like them CHEESY)
Photobucket

Then your meat & veggies
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now some eggs (Gosh darnit!! typing this I could really go for one of these right now!)
Photobucket

Some taco sauce
Photobucket

More cheese!!!
Photobucket

Now roll it up!
Fold up the bottom over the filling, then fold in the sides.
Photobucket

Roll it over and enjoy!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

~Amber~ said...

These look delicious! I bet they were way better than McDonald's since they were homemade.

Bob said...

Mmmmm, breakfast burritos. Awesome.