Thursday, September 25, 2008

Asparagus Panini

As soon as I got the May 2008 edition of Every Day with Rachael Ray, I had to make the Asparagus Panini!

Asparagus Panini
2 slices whole wheat bread
4 steamed asparagus spears
4 slices prosciutto
2 slices provolone cheese
1/8 pound sliced smoked turkey breast

Preheat a panini press. Lightly brush the bread on both sides with extra-virgin olive oil. Wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of prosciutto. Place 1 slice of cheese on one slice of bread, then the smoked turkey. Top with the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and the remaining 1 slice of cheese and 1 bread slice. Grill until the bread is crisp and cheese is melted.

I only made them for myself and my daughter, since no one else in our house is very fond of asparagus. But we both really loved this! The only thing I did differently was that I used Rosemary Olive Oil.

Photobucket

No comments: