Thursday, August 27, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

It's back to school time.

If you're like me, that makes dinner time crazy and hectic!

Working full time, plus running kids to and from all of their extra-curriculars... it's challenging to get dinner on the table at a decent time.

On busy nights like that, Rotisserie Chicken is your friend!!
(really, it's always your friend!)

As is, you can just add a couple sides and dinner is served.

Or just pull it apart to toss into sandwiches or quesadillas or to top hearty dinner salads.

Look at them.

Photobucket

Aren't they beautiful?

They exist solely to make your life easier!

Take advantage of that!!

These are wicked easy!

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
1 Rotisserie Chicken
Frank's Red Hot Sauce
Ranch Dressing
Blue Cheese, crumbled
Sandwich Rolls
Lettuce

No real measurements here. Everything is pretty much to your taste/liking.

Combine Ranch Dressing with Crumbled Blue Cheese.
Photobucket

Photobucket

You could just use blue cheese dressing... but I like to combine it myself.

Put shredded rotisserie chicken in a separate bowl.
Photobucket

Add Frank's Red Hot.
Photobucket

Like is saucier? Add more sauce!

Drier you say? Don't put in as much!

Photobucket

This is so fast and easy, I have time to grill the buns.
Photobucket

They came out so nice and golden brown.
Photobucket

Add some shreddy lettuce.
Photobucket

Some of that moist delicious Buffalo Chicken.
Photobucket

A big dollop of Ranchy Blue Cheese Sauce.
Photobucket

And in less than 15 minutes... you're sitting at the table, talking about the new cute boy/girl in school... or which cheers they're practicing for the big game on Saturday... or the new plays for that big game... how much they love/hate their new math teacher... the new songs they're learning on their instruments...

Anyway... in less than 15 minutes your sitting at the table!

You can't beat that!!
Photobucket

Don't you hate it when that final shot is blurry... even though you took at least six of them!!

Everyone not eating at the same time tonight? These are also wicked easy to prep ahead so they can make sandwiches as they come and go.

Part of your night just got easier!

17 comments:

Cathy said...

OOOOOOOOOOOH these look good! I love rotisserie chickens from the grocery store for stuff like this!

Bob said...

Nice, I love easy. Heh, I was actually wanting something spicy today. Now you have me thinking buffalo...

Lara said...

What a perfect summer meal! I love the combination of the spicy buffalo chicken with the blue cheese.

Jennifer said...

I love buffalo anything, what a great idea!

Michele said...

Now if only I could get someone to shred the chicken for me! I would be so happy! ;-) LOL I know, that's so lazy. I've def used these chickens to save my butt on nights I don't feel like cooking. I love your idea of turning them into buffalo chicken sammys. Delish!

Heather S-G said...

GREAT idea! These sound delicious...and I love that they are so fast. Adding to the rotation :D

Unknown said...

I love rotisserie chicken!! and your sandwiches look soooo darned good! I shred the chicken and make bbq chop chicken salad with them.

NKP said...

Oh my goodness, they look so good! I could eat four of them right now.

teresa said...

oh my gosh, YUMMMMY! this is such a great way to use that rotisserie chicken, i agree, it's the best!

Patti T. said...

Those chickens sure make life easy sometimes. My grown sons and hubby would love these, they are into the whole wings and blue cheese thing. The sandwiches looked beautiful, love the toasted bun, I think that always make a sandwich taste better.

Gloria Chadwick said...

Your Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches look wicked good!! :)

Cookiebaker said...

Your sandwhiches look wonderful! I love using rotisserie chickens for quick meals. I often pick up one when making chicken salad....definitely saves time!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh, perfection. Need I say more?

Thistlemoon said...

I love buffalo chicken anything. I usually just eat roasted chickens as roasted chickens, but now I have seen the light - use them to make something else! Brilliant!

test it comm said...

That sandwich looks so tasty!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Nope you can't beat that! This one's a winner! Thanks for sharing! It's perfect for after football and cheer practices!
~ingrid

What's Cookin Chicago said...

So easy and a great way to enjoy the flavor of buffalo chicken without as much mess!