Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Chocolate Ganache

Chocolate Ganache is something else I had never made.

I know most people love chocolate. (even though I'm not one of them)

I thought my family and friends would really enjoy it on top of Mini Cheesecakes.

This seems to be a basic Chocolate Ganache recipe that was repeated over & over online.

Photobucket

Chocolate Ganache
8oz bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
1 C heavy cream
1 TBLS liqueur

In a double boiler, combine heavy cream & chocolate over medium low heat. Stir until chocolate is melted and well combined with cream. Stir in liqueur. Cool until still pourable. Now it's ready to use!


Combine chocolate & cream in double boiler over medium heat.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Stir in liqueur. I used Starbucks Coffee Liqueur.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Cool until still pourable and it's ready to use!

I topped Mini Cheesecakes with it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

As with the Lemon Curd, I thought this was too bold for these cheesecakes. And again, opinions were split. Some really liked them topped with the Chocolate Ganache. So you just have to try it yourself!

Now since I only had 8 mini cheesecakes to top with ganache, I had quite a bit left. I stored it in the fridge and gently reheated it a couple days later.

I used it to top chocolate chip cookie bars and peanut butter cookie bars.

It was GREAT!!!

3 comments:

Bob said...

Mmmmm, ganache. I bet it was great with the coffee liqueur.

Cheesewench said...

You don't like chocolate? Egads! I like doing my ganache with cassis or cointreau. Yum!

Unknown said...

you know...I think its ok if chocolate overwhelms something LOL. I've had those mini cheesecakes before. My friend brought some and put cherry pie filling on top. I thought that was too much. I think in general, for those little guys, its easy to get overwhelmed (poor little things). but they are tasty.