Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lemon Curd

I had never made lemon curd and really didn't even know this WAS lemon curd!

(and if it's actually NOT lemon curd... please let me know!)

I wanted an easy lemony topping for Mini Cheesecakes and found this recipe at baking911.com.

I didn't change it all.

Photobucket

Delicious Lemon Topping Sauce
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter room temperature
1 tsp fresh grated lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and whisk over medium heat until it thickens and just starts to bubble. Cover and chill. That's it!! Ready to use lemony stuff!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I used it to top Mini Cheesecakes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On this particular cheesecake recipe, I thought the lemon overwhelmed the cheesecake. But opinions were split. Some agreed and some thought it worked well. I guess you just have to try it and see for yourself!

Even though I thought it was a bit too much for those particular cheesecakes, I really enjoyed the flavor and will try this again for other recipes.

Tangy & delicious!

5 comments:

Patti T. said...

I think I have had these before and was not overly impressed either, although they are quick and easy to hand out at picnics etc. Times when you don't want to cart dishes and silverware etc.

Bob said...

They look great, but I can see lemon overpowering cheesecake pretty easily.

I thought lemon curd was the stuff you made lemon bars out of, that got stiff when it was chilled. But I don't know that much about it... Where's Shane? :)

barb said...

I heart lemon curd

Reeni said...

I've never made lemon curd either - it's on my to-do list! These look lovely!!

Unknown said...

they look beautiful. I wonder if it would be better on a large cheesecake? Where you have more cake stuff to counter the lemon.