Thursday, August 20, 2009

Zucchini Appetizers

It's summer time and zucchini is plentiful!

I had these Zucchini Appetizers at my friend Karen's house at the beginning of the summer and was instantly hooked!

They are so moist & flavorful & delicious! Plus, they're VERY easy to make!

It's a Bisquick recipe. But Karen's version swaps out the Parmesan for Romano. You can also check out Karen's other recipes at BakeSpace. She's a FABULOUS cook and I'm sure you'll find more than a few of her recipes you'd like to try!

Zucchini Appetizers
3 cups sliced or grated zucchini (I sliced them)
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese (I used an Asiago/Parmesan/Romano blend)
2 tsp. parsley (instead of parsley & oregano - I used an Italian blend)
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1 clove garlic chopped (I grated it)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten

Heat oven to 350F.
Grease or spray a 9x9 pan.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
Spread in pan and bake at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Cut into 2x2 squares to serve.

This is great warm or at room temperature.

Photobucket

Mmmmm.... YUMMY!
Photobucket

Need more ideas for your bounty of zucchini?

Check out some of these cool zucchini ideas.

I've been dying to try the Stuffed Zucchini that Danielle from Cooking for My Peace of Mind was cooking up. She found them at Ciao Chow Linda. I missed them them when Linda posted them. But I hope to make them soon too!

Or how about Monica's Zucchini Jam Muffins over at Lick the Bowl Good. Use up some of those summer peaches.

Or in one of my favorite versatile dishes, check out Kevin's Corn & Zucchini Quesadillas over at Closet Cooking.

I'm sure we all know what Donna over at My Tasty Treasures is thinking when she thinks about zucchini. And while she's thinking about that, her FFH is grilling up Grilled Veggies ala FFH.

Or how about Heidi's Zucchini Brownie from Tried & True Cooking with Heidi.

And is it really summer time if you don't have at least one loaf of Zucchini Bread?
Photobucket

Hope you're all enjoying a bountiful summer harvest!

15 comments:

Cathy said...

ooooooh that looks yummy. I only recently decided that I like zucchini - now I'm hording recipes to try!

Bob said...

Those look awesome. I haven't had Bisquik in years, I should get some. Lots of stuff can be done with it. :)

Unknown said...

wow!! so easy and tons of flavor! I want some! Im thinking this weekend for sure.

Thanks for the shout out!! :)

Lara said...

What an easy, yummy looking way to use up zucchini! I love those old Bisquick recipes.

NKP said...

Yummy and easy, two of my favourite things!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Thanks for the shout-out. Your zucchini appetizers looks terrific. I just made some zucchini scones that look similar in texture to your recipe - will post in the next week or so.

Jennifer said...

Man that looks good, I now have 6 zuchinnis my neighbor gave me!

Reeni said...

What a tasty treat this is! One of the best zucchini recipes I've seen so far!

Donna-FFW said...

Great looking appetizer. Now I need to make some stuff with zucchini after reading all these yummy links. Yes, cant help my darn self when I think of the almighty zucchini;)

Patti T. said...

I have made this and really loved it, unfortunately I was the only one. My family cringes at the word zucchini, darn them anyway! I have switched out yellow squash in a lot of zucchini recipes. Hmmmmmm maybe if I could do this with this recipe and sneak it by them??

Teanna said...

If you like zucchini, you should try this zucchini recipe - it is a roasted zucchini and white bean puree. The blogger uses truffle oil, but I just grill up some mushrooms and put them on top! SO GOOD! But your dish looks AMAZING as well!

http://lisaiscooking.blogspot.com/2009/04/white-bean-and-roasted-zucchini-puree.html

test it comm said...

Nice way to enjoy the zucchini! I really like the large slices of it in there.

Gypsy Girl Gourmet said...

Looks great! I have some zucchini that I need to use up, just might make this next week!
Thanks!

Zoe said...

Wow looks so moist and fresh!

Unknown said...

I just wanted to tell you that I made this for the company pot luck. It was a total hit and I've given several people the recipe (links to this page)! This stuff rocks!!!