Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Strip & Awards!

So first thing this morning, I headed out to Pittsburgh's "Strip District".
It's a half a square mile filled with restaurants, coffee shops, ethnic markets, butcher shops, seafood and produce.

I usually go there for the ethnic markets and there's also a Penzey's there. I love Penzey's and that was the main reason for my trip this morning. I needed some Dutch Process Cocoa and Sweet Curry... I also picked up some Chili Powder. I never ever leave with only what I stopped in for! Today they also were offering a copy of their magazine, One. There are tons of great recipes in One!

Photobucket

Next stop... PennMac aka Pennsylvania Macaroni Company. I usually go here for an awesome selection of olive oils, prosciutto di Parma, an incredible cheese selection, pastas, bulk nuts... lots of stuff.. .but today, I needed Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso. So I picked that up, turned around and what did I see? Nutella!! Now I missed World Nutella Day, but decided so what if I'm 2 days late. I'm making something with Nutella today too! Then I picked up the big jar!

Photobucket

My last stop in The Strip today was Reyna Foods. The only Mexican market in Pittsburgh and let me tell ya, I was REALLY happy to find it! I didn't really need anything there today, but I always stop in when I'm in The Strip. Actually, I had forgotten we used the last of our chipotles for the SuperBowl, so I picked up some of those. They also have some prepared foods that you can buy. I decided to try the Jamaican Beef Patties. We haven't eaten them yet, but everything I've ever had there is great... and I'm sure these will be too! I was a little disappointed, because I always get a Jarritos Grapefruit Mineral Water.
Photobucket
But they were out of it today. =(

So it was just chipotles and Jamaican Beef Patties!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Guess what else happened this week!

Donna from My Tasty Treasures honored me with two awards! That's right... TWO!

She is such a sweetie.. and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her blog! If you haven't checked it out, you should!! You won't be disappointed!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm very happy to pass on these awards!!

The rules for the recipients are:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.

2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude.

3. Be sure to link your nominees within your post.

4. Let them know they have received the award by commenting on their blog.

5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received this award.

I'm Passing along these 2 awards to:

Of Soup and Love

DDPie's Slice

Tangled Noodle

Schweet 'N Savory

Panini Happy

Joelen's Culinary Adventures

Elizabeth's Edible Experience

Recipe Shoebox

Living in the Kitchen with Puppies

Dragon's Kitchen

I hope you check out the blogs I've awarded... they ROCK!!

Donna... thanks again... so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

~Amber~ said...

I am so jealous that you got to go to Penzeys! I need to place an order with them sooooo bad. Fun times!!

Spryte said...

It really is nice to be able to just stop in! Plus you get to smell EVERYTHING!

Reeni said...

You have such awesome places to do your shopping! Congrats on your award and I will check out some of those blogs you awarded.

Spryte said...

The Strip is awesome... when I go early with a friend we can stop for coffee & croissants... if we go later, we can stop for lunch & drinks!

Tangled Noodle said...

Congratulations on your awards and thank you so much for passing them on! I've got some entries in the pipeline but promise to have this posted soon. And I love our local Penzey's, too!

NKP said...

Thank you so very much for thinking of me! You are very kind indeed.
The shopping strip sounds like a great resource for all sorts of kitchen treasures. We have an indoor market like that in downtown Toronto called St. Lawrence Market - but it is a bit of a trek for me and I don't get there as often as I'd like.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Spryte on your awards! Thanks so much for thinking of me while passing them along. Oh, and yeah, like Amber, I'm so jealous of Penzeys, but I will be ordering off of the net soon. ;)

Dragon said...

Thank you so much Spryte! I'm truly honoured. :)

Spryte said...

You are all very welcome!! I enjoy your blogs regularly!

Kathy - Panini Happy said...

Thanks so much for the award nod, Spryte!