Thursday, February 12, 2009

Egg Salad - Two Ways!

I was dying to try Curried Egg Salad over the weekend. I dunno why. I dig curry and it sounded good and I had tons of eggs. So I picked up some croissants and started boiling eggs.

I asked Tawny if she wanted some and she said, "Can't you just make me one before you add the curry?" Sure.. that's fine... she likes curry... I guess she just wasn't feeling culinarily adventurous.

So... First up... Egg Salad... PLAIN!

I don't like crunchy things in my egg salad. They're fine in tuna salad or chicken salad or turkey salad... but I want my egg salad squishy... ya know? Now that I actually think about it, I want my ham salad squishy too!

Anyway... Plain Egg Salad.... one serving.

Two Eggs! (hard boiled & peeled)
Photobucket

Chop them up. I like to use the pastry cutter for this.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now just add a bit of mayo and mustard. She selected plain yellow mustard. Also salt & pepper... well... since it was for Tawny, no pepper, but if it was for me, LOTS of pepper!
Photobucket

Mix it up!
Photobucket

That's it. I told you it was plain. But I like it that way!

Load it into your favorite bread and enjoy!!
Photobucket

She thought it was pretty. The girls like having the blog food plate, because it's a little prettier than what often hits the table, since I have to make it look pretty for the pictures!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now onto Curried Egg Salad. I also asked Jon if he wanted Curried Egg Salad. In the seven plus years we've been together, he has never accepted the offer of an egg salad sandwich, I expected a polite, "No thanks" But, he surprised me and said yes!

Photobucket

Cool... Curried Egg Salad for Two!

Four hard boiled eggs, peeled.
Photobucket

Chop eggs with pastry cutter.
Photobucket

This time I added a bit of mayo, Dijon mustard, salt & pepper and sweet curry powder.
Photobucket

Yeah... still no crunchy things in my egg salad... save the onions & celery for the tuna!

Mix that all together.
Photobucket

And fill your favorite bread!
Photobucket

I loved it! YUM!! And guess what? Jon liked it too!

10 comments:

Bob said...

No pepper in her egg salad? Wtf? How can you have egg salad without pepper?! I've never had it on a croissant either, I bet that's awesome. Now I wish I had more of those eggs... ;)

Spryte said...

I know!! How can anyone eat eggs without pepper?!!

Reeni said...

I've had cold curried chicken salad but never egg. It sounds great!! Especially on a croissant, yum!!

Spryte said...

Isn't everything better on a croissant? Ok, maybe not! But sandwich salads are. =)

Anonymous said...

My stomach is seriously growling right now. Croissant- only way to go for that type of thing!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love me some egg salad and I even had it for lunch today!

Tangled Noodle said...

What a great idea to use a pastry cutter - I'd probably be slaving over the eggs, trying to chop them up with a knife! Both versions look wonderful - I have all the ingredients so I think I know what's on the menu for lunch tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

holy smokes both of those sandwiches look SO GOOD.

Michele said...

That looks great! I love it in the croissant!

I once tried adding kosher dill pickle relish to my egg salad. I got the idea from Rachael Ray, she put it in her deviled eggs. They were really delicious!

Spryte said...

Oh... that might not be 'too' crunchy! I do like to put them in tuna salad. =)