Thursday, February 12, 2009

Double Decker Chocolate Chips Turtle Brownie Bars

I stumbled over these a couple of weeks ago on Sandie's blog, Inn Cuisine. Then I lost it! Then Sandie found me!!

Anyway... these looked awesome!

I made them for the SuperBowl... but they could just as easily be served for tea. They are super quick and super easy, perfect for that last minute bake sale that your kidlet waited until 9pm the night before to tell you about!

You can see Sandie's "Sweet Cheat" recipe here.

This is all you need!
Photobucket

Make the chocolate chip cookie dough according to the directions on the package.
Photobucket

Then make the brownie batter according to the directions on the package.
Photobucket

I lined my 13x9 pan with parchment paper.
Photobucket

Spread the chocolate chip cookie dough evenly in the bottom of the baking dish.
Photobucket

Top evenly with the brownie batter.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Add the caramel
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now bake according to the brownie mix directions. Check for doneness with a toothpick. A few fudgy crumbs is perfect.
Photobucket

Enjoy! But grab one quick, because they won't last long!!
Photobucket

Thanks so much Sandie!! This recipe is definitely a keeper!
This is for you!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often find myself not being able to decide between brownies or chocolate chip cookies. This is so cool! now I can have my cookie and eat my brownie too!!!

Michele said...

WOW! This recipe seems easy enough that even me, the nonbaker can make it! Yay!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmmmm - seriously an awesome brownie!

Bob said...

Now that's a bar! Good stuff. :)

Spryte said...

Yup!

Wicked Easy & Wicked Good!

Donna-FFW said...

These look great. I am going to make these right away! I have everything, but the specific mix, I added it to my grocery list.

Reeni said...

What a scrumptious dessert! Great munchie food!!

Sandie said...

Yay! This is so sweet of you, and yours turned out beautifully! I'm glad you enjoyed this technique. It's so simple and completely decadent---perfect to satisfy the strongest chocolate cravings or sweet tooth. Thank you again!

Spryte said...

No! Thank YOU! =)

Anonymous said...

These were so easy...and even more AMAZING! I will definitely be making them again! Thank you so much for providing a recipe that combines two of my favorite comfort foods + caramel!