Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rested Rosemary

Many a Saturday morning coffee with Ericka ends with a leisurely stroll through Sur La Table.

Prior to one of the more recent Sur La Table excursions with Ericka, I had just received a case of POM Wonderful, 100% Pomegranate Juice in the mail. While browsing through the store a book stopped me in my tracks.

Photobucket

I LOVE tequila.

My favorite tequila is Sauza Hornitos Reposado. (just typing that makes me think "mmmmmm")

Look at that curvy sexy bottle with the agave catcus at the top....
Photobucket

A quick thumb through, in the middle of the book on page 56... a tequila cocktail that calls for pomegranate juice! And it wasn't a Margarita!

Not that I don't LOVE Pomegranate Margaritas! I absolutely DO love them. But, I already made one. Remember?

It was a sign. I had to buy that book!

Unfortunately, I think that was the weekend that I ended up with H1N1. UGH!

I didn't have it bad, but that cough hung on for about 3 weeks. Feeling yucky, not really into the alcohol, know what I mean?

But last week, I finally started feeling more myself. Plus I had purchased some rosemary for the Roasted Rosemary Butternut Squash Penne. I finally decided.

It was time!

Rested Rosemary

1 fresh rosemary sprig
1/2 oz agave nectar
1 1/2 oz reposado tequila
2 oz pomegranate juice

Pull 10 - 12 needles from the bottom of the rosemary sprig and put them in a cocktail shaker. Add agave nectar, tequila and pomegranate juice and muddle.

Fill cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into high ball glass with fresh ice. Garnish with the rosemary sprig.

Photobucket

(yeah... time for a new bottle of tequila!)

Photobucket

I really enjoyed this drink. Jon and I both thought the rosemary was very subtle.

I think next time I'd muddle more rosemary needles with agave nectar and let them rest for awhile to add a little more rosemary flavor. Oh yes... there will be a next time!

This drinks rocks!!

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Yum!

Heather S-G said...

Oh man, that looks pretty amazing!! I hope you guys are all better...that is some nasty stuff. Cheers :D

Bob said...

That drink sounds awesome, I have to try it.

Ugh, that sucks about the flu. I've been paranoid about it lately because I work retail (in a pharmacy no less) and don't have health insurance. Glad you're feeling better!

NKP said...

That looks wonderful!
I think when you are sick is when you might need this the most.
Glad you are feeling better now.

Gloria Chadwick said...

Sounds delicious! Just the thing to kill all those germs. :)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Glad to hear your feeling better!

Happy Friday!
~ingrid

Mom on the Run said...

We are Pom Fanatics in my house! I am always looking for new ways to use it.

Glad you are feeling better :)

Unknown said...

YUMMY!! I must find that agave nectar!! if for no other reason that to try this drink :)

Donna-FFW said...

Loving this drink.. tequila and myself have a very precarious relaationship at the moment. Patron does it to me verey time.

I would love to try this

The Cooking Photographer said...

I want one. Now. It's 8:40am and I want one.

Oh boy lol.

Laura