Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Amaretto Blueberry Pie

I was in a total baking mood last week. Two pies in one week... wicked weird for me!

Anyway...

I still had some blueberries in the freezer from a previous family blueberry picking excursion and decided that I had to make pie!

Photobucket

Amaretto Blueberry Pie
1 9in unbaked pie crust (I bought mine and just unrolled it!)
5 C blueberries
1 1/2 C sugar
1/4 C tapioca
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 1/2 TBLS amaretto

Toss blueberries with sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
Photobucket

Sprinkle in amaretto and toss until well mixed.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pour blueberries into prepared pie crust.

Cover with remaining crust, crimp and vent.
Photobucket

I also sprinkled it with a little cinnamon sugar.

Cover crust edges with foil so they don't burn.

Bake at 350F for about an hour.
Photobucket

Cool completely and enjoy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Maybe top it with a little whipped cream?
Photobucket

I heard lots of mmmm's while everyone was eating this. So it appears to be a keeper!!

As I look at these pie pictures, I've decided that I'm going to get rid of all of these pie plates, with recipes printed in them.

Recipes that I've never made!

I think I want to get some colorful fluted pie plates!

Something like this...
Photobucket

Pretty nice huh? Of course I don't see spending $45 on ONE pie plate. But I think I need to do a little shopping...

Jon... I'll update my Amazon wish list! I'll let you know when it's done baby!! *kiss*

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What up wit all da baking lately? You're making me look like a slacker! That pie sounds really good, I've never thought of using Amaretto before. Thanks!

Cathy said...

An epiphany so early in the a.m. from your post...amaretto?? And blueberry pie??? Chaching.....making this one soon.

Dajana said...

Another gorgeous pie. Can't wait to make some myself.
You're right, those coloured plates look so pretty

Future Grown-Up said...

Amaretto and blueberries...it does not get much better than that.

It looks amazing. I think it might be enough to get me to pull out my pie pans and make something in them.

Bob said...

Mmm, pie. Looks great! 45 dollars for a pie plate? That's ridiculous.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous pie, with Amaretto, extra yum!

teresa said...

mmmm, this looks wonderful!

Patti T. said...

Mmmmmmmm, I am trying to incorporate things like Amerretto, coconut rum and chambord when cooking with fruits. I wish I had someone here besides me that would eat blueberry pie. (Insert sad face here.)

Thistlemoon said...

Mmmmm...blueberries and amaretto! Sounds like a wicked good combination!

Unknown said...

Wow!! that pie looks awesome. I wish I had some blueberries from an excursion.

BTW...I have your Salisbury Steaks cooking right now :)

Karine said...

I love, love your blueberry pie. The amaretto must give an interesting taste to it! :)

test it comm said...

I added amaretto and almonds to the last blueberry crumble that I made so I know that this pie was amazing!

Heather S-G said...

How in the heck did I miss these amazing pie recipes? I am a pie person!! Pie and coffee. And ice cream. This sounds killer!