Friday, September 11, 2009

POM-a-RITA ~ Oh yeah!!

Molly over at POM Wonderful was kind enough to send me a case of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice.

Photobucket

I have to say... I was pretty excited when it arrived in the mail yesterday.

Eight, eight ounce bottles of that fabulous, deep, rich, red, tart and sweet juice!

What to make first? Ok... yesterday was a little busy. So I just popped it in the fridge to ponder my options.

I was remembering the Pomegranate Jelly one of my co-workers in California used to bring to work. It was sooooo good!!! I always wanted to try my hand at making it, but prepping all those pomegranates? That seemed like a lot of work. Maybe I can make some with this juice!!

But that's definitely not a Friday night project.

The perfect Friday night project would be a POM-a-RITA!

My husband Jon makes the BEST margaritas on the planet. I know if we have all of the ingredients in the house, all I have to do is ask and he'll make me a margarita that will totally melt away all the stress of the day in just two sips.

So when I got home tonight, I asked him to make me one, but with POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice instead of sweet & sour.

He readily agreed! YAY! He's so cool. =)

Thanks Baby!! *kiss*

So he gathered the ingredients.

Photobucket

OK... how lame is that pic?? My kitchen is so small that I have no place that doesn't have the coffee maker & supplies, the kitchen sink, the toaster oven, the FoodSaver, or a bunch of spices that don't fit in the spice cabinet, in the background... so every once in a while, when the background just looks too busy... I pull out this white project board.

It really isn't any better.

Oh well... someday I'll have a big spacious kitchen...

Anyway... this is what you need.

POM-a-RITA
2 parts Sauza Hornitos Reposado (my FAVORITE tequila)
1 part triple sec
3 parts POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
a little Rose's Lime Juice
a lime, cut into wedges
ice
salt

Pour about a tablespoon of Rose's Lime Juice in a saucer and dip the rim of a glass in it.
Then dip the rim of the glass into some Kosher salt.
Photobucket

Set the glass aside.

Fill a cocktail shaker about 2/3rds full of ice.
Pour the Rose's Lime Juice into the shaker and add the tequila, triple sec, POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice.

Cover and shake vigorously, then pour into the salt rimmed glass.

Squeeze 3 or 4 lime wedges (I love lime) into the glass, toss the squeezed lime wedges into the glass.

Enjoy!!

Photobucket

These were AWESOME!!!

Perfect mix of sweet and tart for a perfect POM-a-RITA!

You will definitely see more POM recipes here!!

If you haven't tried POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice yet, run out and get some now!

Not only does it taste great, it's wicked healthy!!

Healthy AND tastes good?? Don't believe me? Check THIS out!

Thanks Molly!! You ROCK!!

10 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

How absolutely fabulous is this creation!! Ill have 2 my darling.

Heather S-G said...

I'm in! Holy crap, what a night it would be if we could all get together and drink a few of these :D

Unknown said...

LMAO @ the white project board background!! too funny!

Great creation....YUM!!

LUSHES UNITE (as I sit here sipping my fresh strawberry marg)

Anonymous said...

OOH! That looks so yummy and refreshing! I want one!

Cathy said...

I'm coming to your house.....I could use one of these :)

teresa said...

total refreshment!

Shane T. Wingerd said...

I could REALLY go for one of those right now... :) Instead I am drinking cocoa with a shot of Godiva... ;) Wrong weather, I know...

Patti T. said...

I have always wanted to try that Pom juice, this just might be the thing to make me try it. What a great idea for a margarita.

Michele said...

Steve bought me some of this lovely stuff last weekend and made me a POMtini. I'll have to show him this so he can make me one of these! Yum!

NKP said...

Yummy! I want one! (Three, actually)