Wednesday, November 5, 2008

English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches

Last night (Monday night... this will probably post on Wednesday) I had no idea what I wanted to do for dinner. I had some chicken in the fridge, but I just wasn't 'feeling' it, ya know?

Earlier in the day, I read on BakeSpace that it was National Sandwich Day. I LOVE sandwiches. So does Tawny. She often makes sandwiches out of whatever I made for dinner... mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, curry rice & chicken... doesn't matter what it is, or how sandwich-like the ingredients, she'll hollow out a roll or grab two pieces of bread and make it into a sandwich. So she's easy. But everyone else likes different things and I also didn't really feel like making a bunch of custom-order sandwiches.

So I wandered around the grocery store, hoping something would jump out at me for dinner. On my second lap of the store, I noticed the breakfast sausage and immediately thought BREAKFAST SANDWICHES! I grabbed some sage sausage and headed over to the freezer section. I rarely make my own biscuits. I usually use frozen or canned (hey we like them!) Then I decided that actually baking anything was too much work and decided to put them on English Muffins. YUM! Quick and Easy! I picked up some more eggs, English muffins and cheddar cheese slices. I was pretty sure that everyone likes all of these ingredients and variations would only be to leave something out.

Yay! Back at home, everyone was pleased with my choice! It's hard to be the dinner planner every day!

So... I made some patties out of my sausage
Photobucket

And got them into a skillet
Photobucket

Gave them a little head start cooking and pulled out some English Muffins. (notice there are only 5... of course Bob just wants sausage... no problem... less work for me!)
Photobucket

I got those split and into the toaster oven... no pic... I need to clean the crumb tray!

Now to melt some butter in another skillet
Photobucket

Photobucket

And get some eggs in there! (Only 3 because I'll make mine just as these come off.... I HATE cold eggs and would be cranky that my sammie was not super hot after I made everyone elses)
Photobucket

Yeah... they're not pretty... but they still taste like eggs!
Photobucket

Cool, everything's cooked... now I just have to put them together. I consulted Jon for the order of the ingredients, because he likes them a certain way.
English muffin first.... mine's plain... but you can add butter or mayo or mustard, whatever you like.
Photobucket

Sausage patty
Photobucket

Cheese
Photobucket

Egg
Photobucket

Top it with the other half of your English muffin.
Photobucket

YUM!!!
Photobucket

You can use whatever meat you like... bacon, ham, turkey, a slice of last night's meatloaf... whatever you like!!!

Now I'm thinking it might be sandwiches again tonight!! I'd LOVE a grilled ham & cheese!!!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Looks great and I'm with Tawny! When i was a kid I loved mashed potato sandwiches...with gravy of course!

Bob said...

Mmmm, that's the stuff right there. Breakfast foods are the best. And yeah, sandwiches rule. I've been known to make some of the sloppiest ones ever since I don't care if they hold together too well. I like store bought biscuits too. I don't care what they say. :)