Monday, July 9, 2012

Peachy White Zinfandel Sangria

Most of the time, when Bob's best friend stays at our house, his grandmother sends along a little gift bag for the house. She totally doesn't need to do that, but she always does. Often there's some kind of alcohol... Hungarian sausage... snacks for the kids. It's awesome! Thank you Elizabet! You're such a sweetie!!

The last bag had a bottle of White Zinfandel in it. I knew right away I'd be making it into sangria!!

I mentioned to Erin that I needed to come up with a sangria recipe for the White Zin and she sent me this from Tasty Kitchen. I've tweaked it to my liking and upsized it to use a 1.5 L bottle of wine, since that's what I had on hand.

IMG_1272

Peachy White Zinfandel Sangria
1.5 L White Zinfandel
1 C peach schnapps
1/4 C triple sec
1/2 lemon, sliced
1 1/2 oranges, sliced
BIG handful of strawberries, sliced
2 nectarines, sliced

Keep the extra 1/2 lemon & 1/2 orange, slice and use as a garnish.

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher. Refrigerate for several hours.
Pour over ice.
Enjoy with friends!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is all you need!
Photobucket

Photobucket

This was tasty. It was light and refreshing. I didn't add any soda to it at all. Very peachy in flavor. I prefer a red sangria. But I definitely wouldn't say no to this!

1 comment:

Patti T. said...

I made a red sangria for the 4th, think I will try this for my next sangria.