Monday, June 15, 2009

Linguine with Garlicky Clams & Peas

Why do I always forget that eating healthier isn't all rabbit food...

...it doesn't have to be boring...

and... in fact...

It can be totally delicious!!

I don't know!!

Photobucket

This is another Cooking Light recipe.

I just changed the basil to flat leaf parsley. You can use whatever herbs you like.

Linguine with Garlicky Clams & Peas
1 9oz package fresh linguine
2 TBLS olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, minced
3 61/2oz cans of chopped clams, undrained
1 C vegetable stock
1/4 C dry white wine
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 C frozen peas
1/2 C Parmesan, shredded
2 TBLS fresh parsley, chopped

Cook pasta according to direction on package.
Drain and keep warm.
Drain clams, reserve clams and 1/2 C clam juice; discard remaining juice.
Saute garlic in olive oil in a large skillet. Add 1/2 C clam juice, stock, wine and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add clams and peas and cook until heated through. Add cooked linguine to pan and toss well. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Makes 4 hearty servings.

Per serving:
Calories: 403.8
Fat: 11.5
Carbs: 46.4
Protein: 24

This is all you need.
Photobucket

Cook pasta according to direction on package.
Drain and keep warm.
Photobucket

Saute garlic in olive oil in a large skillet.

Add 1/2 C clam juice, stock, wine and crushed red pepper.

Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

Add clams and peas and cook until heated through.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Add cooked linguine to pan and toss well.

Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Photobucket

This was so tasty and delicious!!

Add a nice green salad and you're all set!

12 comments:

Cathy said...

I love clams in pasta! I think this is going on the menu for this week - minus the peas since hubby doesn't like them.

Heather S-G said...

This does sound good. I love clams...they sound perfect in here!

Michele said...

That looks delicious! I recently printed out a recipe from Lidia Bastianich which is similar it's clam sauce with broccoli!

Anonymous said...

Yumo Spryte! perfect summertime pasta dish :)

Shane T. Wingerd said...

YUM!sounds absolutely delish! of course, anything is delicious with clams. ;)

Bob said...

I'm not a big clam fan, but the concept sounds great.

I get the same way with light cooking. I think it's because it used to be all rabbit food and rice cakes. Although my girlfriend actually like rice cakes. I always thought they should be used as coasters. ;)

Denise said...

Yummy. Garlic and clams, cant get much better than that.

Tangled Noodle said...

Clam sauce pasta is an absolute favorite! This is a great recipe and one I'm certain to try! I love CL - their recipes are healthy while still tasting like luxurious food.

teresa said...

Isn't it the truth! It's when I'm eating unhealthy that I think healthy food is gross, but really, it's quite fantastic, as is this dish!

NKP said...

Mmm, you had me with garlicky..

Christo Gonzales said...

This one I could smell - the memory of these flavors came through with this post....

Unknown said...

Looks YUMMY. I'd have to change the clams to chicken though (sorry, can't help it LOL)but I like your swap with the italian parsley. I like basil and all but sometimes it can be too much. and I dont think my husband likes basil all that much.