Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jeannie's Little Quiches

I got this recipe from my sister a long time ago. I used to make them all the time. I'd make a double batch and freeze half. Then I could just bake a couple for snacks if I wanted. I recently rediscovered it. They are so super easy, I have no idea why I stopped making them!

I decided they would be easy for a holiday buffet table and made them for a small gathering before Christmas.

Photobucket

Jeannie's Little Quiches
2 pie crusts
2 tbls butter melted

1 cup half & half
3 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

fillings (or any you like)

1/2 10oz pkg broccoli chopped
1/4 lb swiss shredded
velveeta - cut into very small cubes
diced ham or shredded ham slices from the deli

or

1/2 10oz frozen spinach
1/4 lb gryuere shredded

or

green chilis
Jack or colby cheese shredded

Preheat oven to 400F
Using a 3 inch round cookie cutter (or a large glass or jar) cut circles out of pie crusts.
Line greased muffin tins with 3 inch dough circles, brush with melted butter and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
While they are in the fridge, mix half & half, eggs, salt and pepper. Set aside. Chop fillings.
Remove muffin trays from fridge, add fillings to cups and add one TBLS egg mixture to each cup.
Bake 400 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
Or if you like to finish baking them later, bake 15 minutes... allow to cool, refrigerate or freeze and finish baking when ready to use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok... I didn't use a round one... I like my flower cutter =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Brush them butter... then into the fridge!
Photobucket

Prep your fillings
Photobucket

Now add your fillings to the dough cups
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now add a tablespoon of the egg mixture to each cup.
Photobucket

Bake at 400F for 20 - 25 minutes.
Photobucket

Enjoy!
Photobucket

These are great!!! I love when people comment the next time I see them about how good something was the last time I saw them!

That happened with these over the weekend!

5 comments:

Michele said...

Those are soo freakin cute! I love the flower cutter!!! I wish I had one right now. It looks like just the perfect snack to tide me over!

Bob said...

Those look wicked good. My quiche that I made yesterday didn't turn out well. Most disappointing. I wish I had made those instead. :)

Brittany said...

Seriously, the amount of those I would eat at one sitting is embarrassing. thanks for the recipe!

Elizabeth said...

These look great - I love the idea of using a fun shaped cookie cutter for the crust. Those are the little details people remember!

StarryBugg said...

I'm borrowing this recipe for Open House!! I love that I can make them ahead of time, so I won't be rushed during the weekend!