Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette

I'm not sure how I stumbled across this recipe. I had some brussels sprouts and had planned to roast them for dinner. Then I found this recipe at Poor Girl Eats Well.

Right away I changed my mind! I had to try this!

Photobucket

Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
1-2 lbs Brussels sprouts (about 30 sprouts or so)
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/3 c chopped almonds
1 T olive oil
1-2 cloves finely minced garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
1-2 oz. crumbled goat cheese (optional)

Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
2 T light olive oil
1 1/2 T white wine vinegar
1 T honey
1 T Dijon mustard
1/4 t granulated garlic
Pinch of salt
Dash of black pepper

Start by making the dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until well combined. Set aside.

Clean and trim the brussels sprouts; then cut them into quarters. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the minced garlic; cook until just slightly fragrant. Add the brussels sprouts and cook over medium high heat for about 4-5 minutes or until tender crisp, season with salt & pepper about halfway through. Remove from heat.

In a large bowl, toss together the brussels sprouts, cranberries, chopped almonds and Honey Dijon Vinaigrette. Let the salad sit for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with extra chopped almonds, goat cheese if desired and freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok.... so whisk up the delicious Honey Dijon Viniagrette!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I use the bowl I'm going to toss the salad in. Then set it aside.

Clean up the brussels sprouts and cut them into quarters.
Photobucket

Saute the minced garlic; then add the brussels sprouts.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Cook until tender crisp. But sometimes I like to cook them until they're a little caramelized. It's up to you!
Photobucket

Then toss them with cranberries, almonds and dressing.
Photobucket

Let it rest for a few minutes for the flavors to mingle.
Photobucket

It's is an awesome lunch by itself! Or you can serve it as a side.

I've served it with some turkey kielbasa.
Photobucket

This is SO good!! When Jon came into the kitchen the first time I was making it, I told him what it was. He said, but there's bacon in it right? I said no, but assured him he'd like it anyway. He never really like brussels sprouts until he tried my Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts. He thought bacon was the key to tasty Brussels Sprouts.

He LOVED this! He requests it all the time. Come to think of it, he hasn't requested the Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts at all!

And the Honey Dijon Vinaigrette is to die for!! Not only do I use it for this salad, but I make it regularly just to use on a tossed garden salad!

Kimberly, thanks so much for sharing your recipes!

This is for you!
Photobucket

Everyone be sure to browse around Poor Girl Eats Well for more of Kimberly's fabulous & frugal recipes! I think I'll be trying her Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake Shots in the near future!

I'm also submitting this recipe to girlichef for Two for Tuesdays!
girlichefT4T

9 comments:

watchmenow said...

I LOVE Brussels sprouts and I'll definitely be trying this recipe. Looks delicious -- thanks!

Heather S-G said...

I'm a huge fan of brussels sprouts, too!! Unfortunately, I'm the only one in the house who is...everybody else goes running when they smell them, LOL! This recipe looks delish....I'll definitely be saving it for my next BS adventure :) Thanks for bringing it to Two for Tuesdays!

Patti T. said...

Isn't life funny. As a child I hated brussel sprouts, now it is one of my favorite veggies and my hubby has always loved them so I love finding new recipes. This sounds like a great recipe to try.

Anonymous said...

I never had BS until last year when it came in the CSA box. We love them now. I've only pan roasted them and drizzled them with unsweetened yogurt, delish! I'm going to give yours a whirl next time I get them.

Shane T. Wingerd said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout! I love anything with sauteed Brussel Sprouts.... THIS is going on my "Gotta try" List! Thanks for sharing it... :)

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, that looks amazing, I cant wait to try it!

Joy said...

This is such a great recipe. I love brussel sprouts but i have little opportunity to make it. Thanks for the recipe.

Bethany said...

I love Brussel Sprouts and I'm so glad that my husband likes them too! We will definitely have to try this recipe next time we make brussel sprouts. I'm so glad that you shared it on our Two for Tuesdays blog hop! I hope you join us next week too!

Alex@amoderatelife said...

I just started liking brussel sprouts and I have a bag in the fridge, I am so making this this weekend! Thanks so much for participating in the Two for Tuesday Recipe Blog Hop and I hope to see you again next week! Am following. Keep it Real! Alex