Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Berry Sangria = FAIL

I had high hopes for this Berry Sangria. But it was a miserable FAIL!

While up in Pymatuning, Whitney and I snuck off to Wilhelm Winery for a little wine tasting. Whitney had some of their Edelweiss at The Naked Grape and really wanted to pick up some more. She also grabbed a bottle of their Fredonia. I tried a Riesling that was ok and also their Blueberry and Blackberry wines.

I decided that Blackberry would make a great Berry Sangria. The fruit wines only come in the small bottles, so I bought two.

Some gorgeous berries...
Photobucket

Some Brandy & Blackberry Wine
Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't have any clear soda... but I did have some cold Prosecco...
Photobucket

Bubbly and delicious... should be great right?
Photobucket

O.M.G. YUCK!!!!

I really don't know what went wrong with it. The ingredients were all tasty on their own, but combined... total YUCK.

We couldn't even choke it down... it got poured into the sink... all the beautiful fruit wasted.

Oh well... can't win 'em all!

Check HERE for some awesome Sangria Recipes!

3 comments:

butterflittle said...

like a glass of fruity vomit

Patti T. said...

Not sure how I missed this post, but oh my what a waste. Sure sounded like it would have been terrific.

Spryte said...

@butterflittle... it was wasn't it?!!!