Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Footlongs are Fun!

Need a quick easy fun dinner?

How about Footlong Chili Cheese Dogs?

Photobucket

A long time ago, Jon noticed that the footlong hotdogs and the footlong hotdog buns each have 6 per package. Nice! No leftover weird sized dogs or buns.

Use your favorite chili... or use my Easy Skillet Chili whatever you like!

I bought some footlong hotdogs & buns.

When I got them home I was thinking I didn't have anything big enough to cook them on. It was a gazillion degrees outside and there was no way I was going to grill them. Then Jon reminded me that I have a nice cast iron griddle! YAY!

They fit on there just fine!
Photobucket

Fry them up in a little butter!
Photobucket

Load them into some footlong buns...
Photobucket

Add some chili...
Photobucket

Add some cheese and it's dinner time!!
Photobucket

These were SO good! I make Chili Cheese Dogs pretty often, but these ROCKED!

They stay together really well. I think the footlongs are a little skinnier than the hotdogs I typically have at the house. So all the filling stays put!

Cook up some fun and have Footlong Chili Cheese Dogs for dinner!

3 comments:

Patti T. said...

Oooooh my hubby would LOVE one of these, oh who am I kidding, he would love several of these!

Unknown said...

We love hot dogs in my house. It is the go-to when we are trying to figure out dinner.

City Share said...

I have to admit that I love hot dogs. I usually eat them at home with sauerkraut and mustard, but you are really tempting me with those photos of the chili dogs. I'll have to put that on the menue.