Sunday, July 25, 2010

Morgan's Veggie Patties

Every once in a while it occurs to me to make a meatless meal. I'd like to do it once or twice a week, but in actuality it only happens more like once or twice a month.

I saw Guy Fieri make these on Guy's Big Bite and they looked wicked tasty, so I decided to give them a try! Plus when I looked up the recipe online, it had a 5-star rating with 85 reviews. Looks like a winner!

Photobucket

Morgan's Veggie Patties (slightly adapted)
2 oz olive oil
3 TBLS diced red onion
2 TBLS diced black olives
2 TBLS diced red bell peppers
1 tsp diced jalapeno
1 1/2 TBLS diced garlic
1 TBLS diced artichoke
4 oz black beans, drained
4 oz chickpeas, drained
4 oz white beans, drained
6 oz rolled oats
1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 TBLS minced fresh parsley leaves
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp ground sage
2 TBLS seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg

In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add 1-ounce olive oil and all raw veggies except beans. Saute until translucent. Remove and cool.

In a large bowl, partial mash beans.

Add veggies to beans and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients along with the egg. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 4 patties, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

In saute pan add 1-ounce olive oil, and cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saute all raw veggies except beans, in olive oil, until translucent. Then cool.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

In a large bowl, partially mash beans.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Add veggies to beans & mix well.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Add all dry ingredients and mix well.
Photobucket

Form into 4 patties & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Photobucket
(I doubled this so I had less leftover beans, that's why I have 8 portions)

Cook 2 - 3 minutes per side in hot, oiled skillet.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Garnish as desired & enjoy!
Photobucket

These were great on whole wheat buns, but would also be great in a pita or on a bed of greens!

I'm also submitting this for Meatless Monday!MyMeatlessMondays and Hey What's For Dinner

6 comments:

Julie @ Gettin' Healthy....Still Cheap... said...

YUM!! These look great, I'm a sucker for a veggie burger...

Patti T. said...

I don't eat onions or peppers, but I think this would be great even with out those. Love your recipes!

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

These sound wonderful - and I love that they have olives in them - yummy!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

This certainly does look like a winner. I am seeking all kinds of veggie burger to find the one that best suits our family. Thanks for giving me another one to try.

Thanks for linking this to My Meatless Mondays.

Jennifer said...

Wow, good for you, I am afraid of meatless stuff, LOL. Morgan is his sister BTW!

Unknown said...

wow...look at all those yummies in there!!