Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chicken Adobo

I LOVE Chicken Adobo. I don't make it often, but it came out great last time! This is roughly how my X taught me. His mom is a great cook, but never shared her recipes. (at least not with me!)

Anyway... Tawny asked me to make this Saturday night for dinner. I had planned to make it on her birthday a few weeks ago, but that just didn't work out.

Chicken Adobo
1 1/2 C white vinegar
1 C soy sauce
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 TBLS peppercorns
3 bay leaves
1 C water
3 - 4 lbs chicken (I use BS chicken breasts)

Combine all ingredients in a pot.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through and tender.

Serve over rice. (although I served it beside fried rice last time!)

If you use chicken parts with skin (and you totally can) when chicken is cooked, remove from pan and pat dry. Brown up the skin in a skillet with some oil. Reduced the sauce and serve over chicken.
My X-MIL always just served it like I made it, but I might try 'parts' another time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's doesn't look very pretty... but it's soooo flavorful!

1 comment:

Bob said...

Heh, braised chicken often isn't very pretty to look at, but it always tastes so good. I've always done it either with Italian seasonings or sage/rosemary roasting ones. I've never tried asian, I will have to try this out, it looks tasty.