Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hot Dog Pepperoni Pizzadilla

So this is probably one of Bob's favorite things to eat. It's the Hot Dog Pepperoni Pizzadilla.

Many of you will be horrified by this concoction. But I know some of you... ok... probably not many people who actually 'read' my blog... but some of them will know a teenager who would LOVE this!



Hot Dog Pepperoni Pizzadilla
1 burrito sized flour tortilla
1 cheese dog, sliced
20 pepperoni slices, or enough to cover your tortilla
a big handful or two of shredded cheese

Sprinkle enough shredded cheese for a generous covering on the tortilla.


The kind of cheese I use varies by what I have in the house. I always have a variety of cheddars, colby, pepperjack, mozzarella and provolone. But there could also be any other kind of cheese I have on hand too... swiss, parmesan, asiago, romano.. actually I usually have all of those too... I just depends on what's already grated!

Place pepperoni slices over cheese.


Then add sliced cheese hot dogs.


Sprinkle a little more cheese over the top.


And into the microwave for 2 minutes.


A few quick cuts with a pizza cutter. I always use a large round plate with no ridges, so it's easy to cut with the pizza cutter. But you could use kitchen scissors too. =)


I was out of hot dogs the other day, and asked if he wanted a keilbasa dog on it in addition to the pepperoni. He said yes, but as it turns out, pepperoni and keilbasa don't go very well together, at least according to Bob.

Anyway... this is definitely one of Bob's favorite snacks.

I've never actually tried it. Hmmmm... now I'm thinking I should make him one and try a slice.

Holding off on the post to give this junk food a try!

Hey I'm back!

Ok... I stole half a slice of Bob's pizzadilla... I was really surprised that I kinda liked it. But I think it really is more teenager/college kid kinda food.

Anyway... Spryte's Place is just "what's going on in my kitchen" and this is going on in my kitchen a lot!

3 comments:

Bob said...

Oh my. Heh, I would totally eat that (although me doctor would be most upset at me). Can't help it, I love cheese dogs. I bet that it would be even better broiled so it got some brown bits.

Kim Jarrell Johnson said...

Looks yummy!

Unknown said...

Hahaha. While I can't say I would think to make this myself, I can totally see how this could be such a guilty pleasure. Love it.