Monday, September 17, 2012

Chicken Philly Sub

The first time I had a Chicken Philly Sub was walking through the food court at the mall. I was walking by Charlie's Grilled Subs and they were giving out samples. I tasted that little slice of sub and went straight to the register. I was hooked!

Then recently I was thinking... I make Steak & Cheese Subs fairly often, why don't I ever make Chicken Philly Subs?

I couldn't come up with a single reason and started making my shopping list!




Chicken Philly Sub
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced very thin
Onions, sliced thin
Bell Pepper, sliced thin
Mushrooms, sliced thin
a little oil
Provolone Cheese, slices
Sub Rolls
Mayo
Lettuce, shredded
Tomato, sliced

Slice chicken breast very thin, then cut across too, so you have very small thin pieces.
Photobucket

Slice up your veggies.
Photobucket

While you're slicing veggies, might as well slice the lettuce & tomato too.
Photobucket

Since you're slicing things... slice those rolls too... not all the way through.
Photobucket

Preheat a skillet with a little bit of oil. Add chicken, onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
Photobucket

Cook until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Meanwhile, spread desired amount of mayo on sliced sub roll. I like a generous slather. Then add tomato slices and shredded lettuce.

Scrape chicken and veggies into a sub roll sized pile and place slices of provolone cheese on top.
Photobucket

Let the cheese get melty.

Now with a long spatula, scoop the chicken & veggies & cheese into the sub roll.
Photobucket

You might be thinking.... "Ummmm... Spryte? Where's the lettuce and tomato?"

Yeah... I totally forgot it! But it sure did look nice on the cutting board didn't it?

Time to dig in. I just love these and my family seems to groove on them too. Even when I forget the lettuce & tomato!

These are wicked fast and easy to make and so much better than any sub shop!

No comments: