Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mashed Potato Tacos

This recipe showed up in my inbox from Allrecipes.com.

I didn't really follow the recipe... so I guess just the idea came from Allrecipes.

Anyway... this is perfect for leftover mashed potatoes.

There are no exact measurements.

Photobucket

Mashed Potato Tacos
Mashed Potatoes
Green chiles, diced
Grilled corn
Pepperjack cheese, shredded
Corn tortillas or taco shells
Taco sauce

I made creamy yukon gold mashed potatoes. Then stirred in diced green chiles, grilled corn kernels, and lots of shredded pepperjack cheese.

Then into tortillas if you like them soft or taco shells if you like them crunchy.

I made pretty much almost every kind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stir corn kernels & green chiles into your hot mashed potatoes...
And you stir whatever you like into your mashies... other leftover veggies, meat, whatever...

Photobucket

Add some shredded pepperjack cheese, or whatever cheese you like.
Photobucket

Mix well.
Photobucket

Now into your favorite taco shell.

If you put some wadded up foil inside your taco shells when you heat them, they don't close up.
Photobucket

A pair of crunchy
Photobucket

The soft and crunchy combo
Photobucket

Oops... Bob doesn't care for mashed potatoes... so he had Spaghetti Tacos
Photobucket

But my FAVORITE way to have these was Mashed Potato Rolled Tacos!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Into some oil heated to 350F.
Photobucket

Turn.
Photobucket

Drain.
Photobucket

Top with more cheese and DEVOUR!
Photobucket

All the versions were tasty... but I could eat my weight in Mashed Potato Rolled Tacos!

So next time you have leftover mashies, make tacos! Don't even wait for leftovers, just make some and make tacos! And I'll bet mashed sweet potatoes would be just as good... or any mashed veggies! Oooohhhhhhh.... mashed celery root & parsnip tacos?? I think I'm gonna add those to the list of things to make!!

Seriously! Make tacos!

1 comment:

Patti T. said...

A very unique idea, hubby wouldn't like it but I sure would. Hubby thinks everything must contain MEAT.