Thursday, June 17, 2010

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Summer! It gets hot and suddenly I want to bake! I don't have air conditioning and I HATE the heat!! I get wicked cranky & miserable!

Why does this happen to me??

Well... this week we had a little break from the heat. I decided to take advantage of it and get some of my bake out!

Since I've been neglecting my blog lately, I wanted to make something I hadn't blogged yet.

Jon wanted Peanut Butter Cookies.

OOPS!! I was going to post a link to the Peanut Butter Cookies that I'd already blogged about. But guess what?! I haven't blogged about Peanut Butter Cookies!!

I've done Peanut Butter Blossoms, Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies, Wicked Easy Peanut Brittle Bars and Bobby's Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge, but no Peanut Butter Cookies!!

Well... I see a batch of Peanut Butter Cookies in my very near future!!

I wonder if he'll just skim over this or actually read it! If he doesn't actually read it, I'll be the wicked good wife who made Peanut Butter Cookies, just because her husband loves them. If he does actually read it, he'll still be happy to be eating homemade Peanut Butter Cookies... but I don't think it gets me wicked good wife status!

We'll see!!

Anyway!!

This isn't about Peanut Butter Cookies.... It's about White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies!

They seem to be a BIG favorite.

I posted to Facebook that I was making them and got LOTS of replies that they are everyon's favorite!

Four dozen cookies didn't last very long, so it seems they're quite popular in my house too!

Photobucket

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
2 1/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 C butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
1 C packed brown sugar
1 TBLS vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 C white chocolate chips
1 6oz jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped.

Preheat oven to 350F.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs. Beat well.
Mix in flour mixture, until well combined.
Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
Drop by spoonful onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Bake 9 - 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on wire rack.
Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check the pantry.

Do you have these?
Photobucket

No?

Browse through the blog and look for something else to make!

Chop up the macadamia nuts and set them aside.
Photobucket

Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. And set that aside too.
Photobucket

In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs. Beat well.
Photobucket

Mix in flour mixture, until well combined.
Photobucket

Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
Photobucket

Drop by spoonful onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Photobucket

Bake 9 - 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Photobucket

Cool on rack.
Photobucket

When I make cookies for the blog... no one gets to eat them until I get my pictures!

Tawny was being bratty and just couldn't wait!

She stole one, so she gets her bratty picture in the post!
Photobucket

Yum!!!

Photobucket

These were SO good!

They didn't last long. Sweet chewy cookies with crunchy nuts! I'd advise making a double batch!

Now I need to think about making some peanut butter cookies for Jon!

2 comments:

Val said...

YUM, These sound so tasty!!!!

Unknown said...

I keep thinking I don't like macadamia nuts. But every time I eat a cook with them in it...I love it!