Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rosemary Parmesan Biscuits

Sunday I also wanted some kinda bread to go with dinner. I was looking for a savory muffin recipe. I ended up combining a few things I found and came up with this. I 'thought' they would be muffins... but really they came out as biscuits! They'd also be great dumplings or topping some kind of meaty veggie casserole.

You'll need:
2 1/2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp minced rosemary
4 TBLS extra virgin olive oil
3/4 C light mayo
3/4 C fat-free plain yogurt
1/2 C grated Parmesan, divided

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
Photobucket

Stir in the rosemary.
Photobucket

Add olive oil, yogurt, mayo and 1/4 C parmesan
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mix just until moistened
Photobucket

Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle evenly with remaining parmesan.
Photobucket

Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

I bet these were delicious. Parmesan and rosemary is such a great combination.