Sunday, September 21, 2008

Almond Pistachio Cake

My mom used to make this when I was a kid and my sister and I always loved it! My husband and daughter really like it too! The pistachio pudding makes this cake green so it's a fun choice for St Patrick's Day too!

Here's what you need.
Photobucket

Almond Pistachio Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
2 tsp almond extract

Glaze
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 or 3 tsp almond extract
4 Tbls water

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
In a large bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, and almond.
Beat for 2 minutes.
Photobucket

Pour batter into prepared pan.
Photobucket

Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
To make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with almond extract and water. Mix until smooth.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to rack and pour glaze over cake while still warm.
Photobucket

Enjoy!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Bob said...

Looks good. I love recipes that use mixes in unconventional ways.

Michele said...

That looks similar to a pistachio cake recipe that was given to me a few years ago. It's become a staple in my family. I will have to show you. I wouldn't mind a slice of cake and a tall glass of milk right now! :-)