Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Apple Cider Sangria

I saw this recipe a few times, before it really clicked that it was something I really wanted to make.

While I enjoy white sangrias, I really prefer red. So, that probably accounts for my hesitation.

I decided it would be great for Thanksgiving. Mum usually serves wine, but I really don't like wine... well... unless it's in sangria form!

Anyway... I was perusing the interwebs and stumbled upon this recipe at how sweet it is... and I tweaked it a little.



Apple Cider Sangria
1 bottle (750ml) pinot grigio
2 1/2 C apple cider
1/2 C ginger liqueur (I used Domaine de Canton)
1 C ginger ale or ginger beer
3 honey crisp apples, cubed
3 pears, cubed

Combine all ingredients and stir. Refrigerate at least one hour, preferably several.

Enjoy!!

I made a single batch of this and instantly decided to add half a batch more, then decided to just double it. We didn't have any more pinot grigio or we would have doubled it again!

This is wicked good!!! Everyone totally LOVED it!



I only used the apples & pears for one recipe. I think if we'd quadrupled it, just 3 pears and 3 apples would have still been fine.

This can sit in the fridge for days (if it lasts that long!!) You don't get any bitterness like you do from citrus fruit in sangria. The apples and pears just keep adding more appley peary goodness!



From this day forward Apple Cider Sangria will forever be served on Thanksgiving!! And probably many of the other days that apple cider is available! I can't wait to make it again!

I really suggest you make this today.... don't dawdle like I did!!! And make it at least a double!!

1 comment:

Mom on the Run said...

That looks so good. I like to have a "punch" type drink for our holiday celebrations. Thanks for the great idea!