Monday, November 21, 2011

Orange Cranberry Bread

I love Orange Cranberry Bread and Muffins. Tangy, tart and fresh. A perfect start to the day!

I found this on allrecipes.com.

Photobucket

Orange Cranberry Bread (slightly adapted)
4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon grated orange zest
12 oz fresh cranberries
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cup white sugar
2 egg
1 1/2 cup orange juice

Preheat oven to 350F.

Grease & flour two 9x5 loaf pans or line them with parchment paper.

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add orange zest and orange juice. Mix well.

In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir flour mixture into orange juice mixture, until just combined. Fold in cranberries and nuts.

Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.

Bake at 350F for 50 - 60 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cream together butter & sugar & eggs.
Photobucket

Add orange juice.
Photobucket

And orange zest.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Photobucket

Stir into orange mixture until just combined.
Photobucket

(it did get a little more stirred before I added the cranberries & nuts)

Fold in cranberries & nuts.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake at 350F for 50 - 60 minutes; or until pick comes out dry.

That's it!

Photobucket

This was wicked good! A nice bright, tart, tangy flavor and very moist. I've been dying for Orange/Cranberry baked goodies and this totally satisfied that craving!

I like that it makes two loaves. One to eat and one to share (or to throw in the the freezer for later!) I brought the extra loaf to work and it got very favorable reviews! I also like that it uses the whole bag of fresh cranberries.

This is definitely a keeper!!

5 comments:

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

Yumm! I will be making this as I am looking for more reasons to enjoy cranberries. :)

Patti T. said...

I love that it uses the whole bag of cranberries also. I never know what to do with the extra bag when they have the buy one get one free deals this time of year. This sounds awesome. Thanks for the great recipes.

Ciao Chow Linda said...

I am longing for a slice of that cranberry orange bread. Looks like I'll be baking today.

CookingMommaofThree said...

This is one of my most favorite breakfast breads and I make it several times during Christmas time.

Unknown said...

Now why have I never had this bread? It looks so good and easy!! AND...I have a bag of cranberries in my fridge :)